Referring to delicious oranges, you will immediately think of orange soup, crock pot, Vinh orange or Cao Phong orange. However, on the market, there are many other types of oranges with delicious flavors not only at home but also abroad. Such as peaches with very attractive colored intestines. Just taste it, you will hardly forget the taste of this orange. Join imperialhotelschool.edu.vn to learn the uses of peaches as well as how to choose juicy, succulent, nutritious oranges!
1. Distinguish between peach and regular oranges
Peach orange (red flesh orange) is a fairly popular orange variety in the world, widely grown in the US, Australia, Brazil, North Africa, the Mediterranean region and some provinces in Vietnam.
Compare peach oranges and regular oranges:
- Common types of oranges: Most have yellow flesh, depending on the thin or thick shell.
- Peach orange:
- Has a red-pink intestine. This characteristic color comes from the high anthocyanin content. This is a pigment commonly found in flowers and fruits but rarely in citrus fruits. Dark or light red will depend on the variety, time of harvest and season.
- The peel is not too thick, the taste is sweet and the aroma is cool. Peach oranges have many times more Vitamin C content than other yellow oranges.
- Acid content is also much lower than domestic oranges.
You can buy it at WinMart / WinMart + supermarkets, imported fruit stores, wholesale markets, people’s markets or buy online on the imperialhotelschool.edu.vn app through the imperialhotelschool.edu.vn program at a shocking price.
The price of peach oranges on the market updated in April 2022 is about 100,000 – 180,000 VND/kg (depending on the type). Imported peach oranges will cost more than domestically grown peach oranges.
2. Great benefits of peaches for the body
Orange peaches are high in nutrients, so they have many great benefits for the body. Here are some common uses when drinking / eating oranges and peaches every day.
Peach oranges contain a lot of antioxidants such as polyphenols, flavonoids, anthocyanins and ascorbic acid. According to a study published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, these active ingredients help reduce oxidative stress in the body. Consuming peaches also increases the levels of vitamin C and zeaxanthin, which fight infections and help improve overall health.
Scientists also say that peaches have anti-inflammatory properties. If you are suffering from arthritis, orange juice can help relieve the pain.
2.3. Rich in Flavonoids
The ingredients in oranges contain high levels of flavonoids. Flavonoids are known to have effective anti-cancer properties. In addition, it helps fight tumors of the colon, mouth, breast and lungs.
2.4. Contains high levels of Carotenoids
Another good nutrient found in peaches are carotenoids. This substance has antimicrobial effects, protects the heart and aids in cancer prevention.
2.5. Keep your heart healthy
One of the great benefits of peaches is that they help lower blood pressure. Oranges are rich in potassium, which can reduce tension in blood vessels, limit the effects of sodium, and help lower blood pressure naturally. In addition, the potassium in peaches can reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases, protect the heart and prevent strokes.
2.6. Good for skin and hair
Do you want to have beautiful skin and smooth hair? Eat 1 peach every day. Orange peach is rich in vitamin C and beta carotene to help prevent skin aging effectively. This fruit is also rich in antioxidants, which help protect the skin from damaging free radicals, giving the skin a natural healthy glow. In addition, vitamin C in peaches also synthesizes collagen to help strengthen hair, prevent hair loss, and premature graying of hair.
2.7. Support weight loss
Orange peach is rich in fiber, low in calories, so many women use it in their weight loss regimen. In particular, peaches also contain pectin, which suppresses appetite and hunger for several hours. Not only that, this fruit contains countless vitamins and minerals. Thereby contributing to effective and healthy weight loss, the body is full of energy.
2.8. Prevent cancer
In oranges, peaches contain a large amount of D-limonene compound that protects the body from the risk of developing cancers such as lung cancer, skin cancer, stomach cancer, colon, breast cancer. … In addition, the antioxidants and vitamin C abundant in this fruit help increase the body’s immunity to fight cancer cells.
2.9. Increases resistance
Peach orange juice contains a high percentage of vitamin C, which is very helpful in boosting the immune system. As a result, if you use it regularly, you will be less likely to get many common diseases such as colds or flu.
2.10. Increase power
In peach oranges, there is a amount of fructose and more than 80% of the water has the effect of refreshment and fortifying physical strength. Therefore, after exercising or exercising with a lot of sweat, you should drink orange juice with added salt to quickly recover.
When the body is tired and after exercise, it is recommended to drink 1 cup of peach orange juice.
2.12. Prevent kidney disease
One of the health benefits of oranges is to prevent kidney disease. Drinking orange juice regularly helps to prevent and reduce the risk of kidney stones.
2.13. Good for eyesight
Oranges are rich in vitamin A and carotenoids. These substances help enhance vision, especially those who have problems with macular degeneration.
2.14. Good for the digestive system
Oranges are rich in fiber, which aids in the digestive process. Therefore, add a peach to your daily diet, especially if you are suffering from chronic constipation problems.
3. How to choose juicy, juicy peaches
You should apply the tips below to choose fresh, sweet and cool peaches.
3.1. Buy in the right season
The trick to choosing fresh peaches is to choose the right season. Out-of-season fruit always has the potential for toxic chemicals to preserve. Orange peach has a crop from December to May next year. You should choose this time to buy the best quality peaches!
3.2. Observe the shape
- Peach orange fruit has a round shape, not distorted on the large side, on the small side or crushed.
- The outer skin is fresh, not too rough.
- Moderate size (300-400g), firm grip, uniform color.
- Peach oranges with thin skin are usually succulent and very sweet.
3.3. Look at the stem
- You should choose peaches that still have the stem knob, touching the stem knob feels tight, breaking by hand can’t fall off. Peach leaves are still fresh or if wilted, they are still attached to the stem. These are peaches freshly harvested from the garden.
- If the stem is concave compared to the surrounding, it is a berry and has a lot of water. If the stem has fallen off, has a bright yellow color, and the ripe orange peel has a natural color, it is an old orange, not a fallen stem due to other reasons.
3.4. Peach belly button
- Do not choose peaches with large bottom knobs. These fruits are usually ingrown by the rind.
3.5. Squeeze the cam with your hand
- Gently press the fruit with your hand. Oranges that are hard, firm, have essential oils secreted are new oranges, many cloves, full. When enjoying, it will have a characteristic aroma and a lot of water, sweet and rich taste.
- Do not choose the fruits that are soft when pressed, with the phenomenon of waterlogging.
4. Instructions for storing peaches properly
You can store peaches for about 2 weeks at room temperature or in a refrigerator between 7 and 10 degrees Celsius. Alternatively, you can try the following tips to store oranges longer:
4.1. Preserving peaches with pine leaves
- Using fresh pine needles, especially those that are not subject to frost or water, will ensure the best quality.
- Wipe or wash the peaches, soak them in a little salt water to remove impurities. Wipe dry, sort by size.
- Take 1 pcs of plastic, paper or wooden crates with ventilation holes. Avoid sealing, air cannot circulate.
- Arrange a few pine needles at the bottom of the barrel, put the large peaches into the box so that the stem is facing up, continue to cover another layer of fresh pine needles on top. Gently stack 1 layer of oranges alternately with 1 layer of pine needles until the box is full.
- Keep in a dry, ventilated place.
4.2. Use baking soda/salt
- Use a sufficient amount of baking soda/salt to dissolve in water, let the peaches soak for about 1 minute.
- Take out the peaches, dry them gently with a clean towel, or let them dry naturally.
- Put the oranges neatly into a plastic bag, seal and place in the refrigerator to preserve. Avoid putting together other foods such as meat, fish, food, etc. to minimize the spread of bacteria as well as maintain the natural flavor of oranges.
- The right temperature combined with the ingredients in baking soda / salt will help preserve oranges fresh for a long time without too much effort.
5. Suggest delicious dishes from peaches
5.1. Peach orange juice
Peach orange juice has a sweet and sour taste, easy to drink, clears heat, has an abundant source of vitamin C, helps increase the body’s resistance. How to make orange peach juice is extremely simple. You can make pure juice or combine it with other fruits such as pineapple, guava, apple, … all delicious and full of nutrients.
5.2. Dried orange peach jam
Peach orange jam is flexible, beautiful color. When you eat, you will feel the sweet taste and characteristic aroma. In particular, there is a little bit of pungent orange peel, but when eaten, the aftertaste is very strange. You can enjoy marmalade with a cup of warm tea for a full flavor.
5.3. Duck cooked with orange and peach
Duck cooked with oranges and peaches has fried meat that is firm, fragrant but still soft without being tough or dry. The broth is comparable and sweet of fresh coconut water, mixed with a little sourness of orange juice. All blend together to create a dish with a special flavor that makes people enjoy and miss it so much that it is hard to explain.
5.4. Chicken wings with orange and peach sauce
Chicken wings with orange peach sauce have a beautiful golden color and delicious taste. The meat is richly rimmed with a crispy outer shell combined with the mild sweetness of peach orange to create a very unique dish. Make sure everyone likes it.
5.5. Orange salad
Orange salad is an extremely easy dish to make, and also adds many vitamins and minerals, good for weight loss. The dish is impressed by the combination of oranges and peaches and fruits and vegetables, creating a diverse and cool taste.
With rich nutrient content, peach orange brings many benefits to human health. So, immediately add this fruit to your and your family’s daily menu!
To buy delicious, high-quality peach oranges at super cheap prices, you can immediately visit the Winmart / Winmart+ supermarket system or visit imperialhotelschool.edu.vn at a shocking price on the imperialhotelschool.edu.vn app!